Tuesday 20 May 2014

Tauriq & Zaakiyah {Engaged!}




"I love you simply without problems or pride.  I love you this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I nor you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I sleep, I close your eyes." - Pablo Neruda

 What started out as two strangers meeting at a mutual friends birthday party, blossomed into a beautiful relationship of five years.  For both Tauriq & Zaakiyah (whose birthname is Raylene), it was love at first sight. Although the couple only said one sentence to each other the first time they met, Tauriq knew he absolutely needed to get her number the next time he saw her, and so he did. The couple got engaged last year when Tauriq gave her a watch that had "marry me 15-06-2013" engraved on the back and will be wedded next month.

For their engagement shoot I decided to have a "sunset at the beach" styled shoot.  So after speaking to the couple,and with a lot of help from my husband Neal, I got to styling the shoot.  Styling this shoot was a lot of fun.  Arranging flowers, creating simple stationary, coordinating tableware and then getting to photograph all of it alongside such a great couple was nothing short of awesome. 

A humongous thank you to awesome husband, Neal, for all his help with this shoot and for carrying the wood pallets over a huge sand dunes. 

Tauriq & Zaakiyah, thank you for trusting me with your most important memories.  The two of you are such a beautiful couple.  I simply cannot wait for your wedding day.  I just know it'll be spectacular! 

































































Awesome Vendors:
Photography: Davene Prinsloo | Assistant: Neal Prinsloo  |  Flowers: Purchased at JA Floral, arranged by Davene Prinsloo | Styling & Stationary : Davene Prinsloo | Make Up Artist: Iris Gomez

No comments: