Wednesday 25 April 2012

Crystal: Temple of praise


I’m so excited about this post. It’s the first one in it’s category, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I call it “for the love of art”. Basically what I aim to do is photograph various art forms for what it is (or at least, for what it is in my eyes, through the lens of my mind).

Crystal is a Prophetic Dancer and when she asked me to do a shoot with her dancing. My mind began race as it was putting together it’s various idea boards. Before Crystal and I met up at the studio she uses to rehearse, I told her that I wanted to do something different with her photo’s and fortunately she was keen.
You’ll notice that in a number of the images below, I have accentuated her silhouette, simply because, for Crystal, her dance is not about herself, it’s about Glory, Fire, Love, Praise, God. I wanted to bring that out more. I sincerely hope I did.

I gave her the original edited copies as well as the copies as you see it on this post, of course. 
I call this “ Temple of praise”






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images,they speak to the theme outlined intimately. :)

Caitlin said...

powerful