Thursday 7 November 2013

Brendan & Natasha {Engaged}

I met Brendan during my time as I student at the Stellenbosch University. My uncle (that is his uncle too) tagged me along to watch Drags in Cape Town, Brendan and his brother were there too.  I have never met people who love cars as much as these two.  Honestly.  So when Brendan sent me a message a few months ago, with the news of his engagement to the beautiful Natasha (whom I never met at that time), enquiring about my services and package offerings, my first thought was whether or not she shares his enthusiasm for cars. Turns out, she doesn't.  But she certainly does enjoy road tripping with him in them :)

In fact, road tripping has become one of their favorite things to do as a couple.  So when styling this shoot, road tripping was an obvious choice.  Throughout my discussion with the couple however, Brendan loved the idea of doing a shoot at the beach, but he loved the idea of road tripping equally much and when I suggested we do both, they were all for it.

So we started our shoot off in Hobby beach, Port Elizabeth and walked through Happy Valley.  We then kicked off our road tripping shoot in Summerstrand and as we were nearing the end of our shoot, Brendan asked me if I've ever done a shoot on the high way.  It was like music to my ears.  Of course I've never photographed anyone on a highway before, but I've always wanted to. And when I saw Natasha's expression (which I suppose was the same as mine), I could feel the excitement starting to well up in my eyes and we were soon off to the M5 highway.  How exhilirating!

Brendan and Natasha, thank you for trusting me with your precious memories.  I am soooo excited to be photographing your beeeeg day next month.  Thank you for travelling all the way from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth for your engagement shoot and for being great sports.  I am sooooo looking forward to what I know for sure will be an amazing wedding! You guys rock!

























































































No comments: